Effective information management delivers tangible benefits to organisations in the forms of: operational efficiency, opportunities for better service customer and stakeholder needs, and a springboard for innovation.
In Managing Information you will learn that information and knowledge are key strategic assets that drive economic performance.
This course is right for you
If you are a manager who seeks to leverage organisational information to create commercial value.
Your employer will benefit because
Your understanding of effective information management will equip you with the ability to contribute to achieving a sustainable, competitive advantage for the organisation.
You'll learn how to
- Understand and appraise the role of information management in organisational performance
- Distinguish between information management and knowledge management
- Identify and explain the key concepts of knowledge types and their contribution to organisational performance
- Understand the requirements of information governance, policies and strategies
- Assess and manage knowledge organisations
- Carry out research on information sources, including internal (data and systems) and external (sources and systems)
- Assess and apply relevant models in the organisation, storage and processing of information
- Develop business information reporting strategies
A combination of reports, plans, projects, and presentations.
Written assessment tasks are based primarily on the student's organisational context and experience. Assessment is at postgraduate level and requires academic referencing and evidence of having read and synthesised the literature.
Relationship to Qualification
Students who successfully complete this program and accompanying assessments will be granted credit towards the Graduate Certificate Professional Management or Graduate Diploma Management Innovation.
Enrol now or contact the AIM Graduate School on (07) 3227 4873 or email email@example.com.
|Intensive Course Details
||29 April-2 May 2013 +1
14-17 October 2013 +1
||8.30am to 4.30pm
||AIM Management House,
Cnr Boundary & Rosa Sts,
$2,400.00 AIM Members
Course cost includes text book, lunch and refreshments and guest speakers
(07) 3227 4873
|Distance Delivery Details
|Managing Information is available via Distance mode, with a start date of any Monday of the year.
$1,500.00 AIM Members
(07) 3227 4873